Who is Werewolf by Night?
A LITTLE ABOUT WEREWOLF BY NIGHT
- -Werewolf by Night is a Marvel Comics character who first appeared in 1972 in the self-titled comic book series, "Werewolf by Night" issue #1.
- -The character's real name is Jack Russell, which is also the name of a dog breed known for its tenacity and energy.
- -Jack Russell's werewolf form has brown fur, golden eyes, and pointed ears, and is often depicted as larger and more powerful than a regular wolf.
- -The character's werewolf transformation is triggered by the full moon, but can also be induced by stress, fear, or anger.
- -The werewolf curse is inherited by Jack Russell from his father, Gregor, who was also a werewolf.
- -The series was initially created to capitalize on the popularity of horror comics at the time, and was intended to be a limited series, but due to its success, it was continued for several years.
- -In addition to his solo series, Werewolf by Night has also appeared in several other Marvel Comics titles, including "The Avengers," "Spider-Man," and "The Punisher."
- -The character has also been adapted for other media, including a live-action TV series pilot in 1977, an animated series in the 1990s, and a recent appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's "Moon Knight" series.
- -Werewolf by Night has been portrayed by several different artists over the years, including Mike Ploog, Gene Colan, and Tom Palmer.
- -The character has also had several allies and enemies over the years, including Dracula, Moon Knight, and Spider-Woman.